Hyaluronic acid, widely known as HA or hyaluronan, is the miracle component which is a naturally found sugar in our skin promoting hydration and plump factor. The main function of HA includes retaining water keeping tissues lubricated and moist.
HA is considered a powerful humectant in the skincare regimen for its ability to draw and hold water.
Benefits of HA :
- HA infuses your skin with water and moisture making it the most efficient add on in skincare
- Its application reduces sensitivity and any other allergic reactions that occurred on external applications.
- when we age, the HA level in our skin gradually decreases leading to fine lines and wrinkles. So, adding HA to your skincare regime can reduce the visibility of existing wrinkles or fine lines.
- The properties of HA boosts skin moisturization levels adding radiance to your skin.
- Unlike other skincare products, the HA combination is suitable for all skin types. It maximizes collagen levels and improves skin laxity.
- HA especially helps in giving promising results to those fighting acne and eczema
- Chapped lips: HA works wonders on chapped lips by giving them smooth and soft lips.
- Dry skin: As the dry skin is comparatively rough, HA which is a moisture magnet acts as a humectant leaving skin hydrated throughout the day
Steps to use HA:
- Cleanse your skin
- Take a couple of drops of HA in your palm and apply on still-damp skin
- Spread evenly on to the skin
- Now immediately apply moisturizer to seal the moisture.
Forms of availability :
- You can find HA combination in the form of Serums and creams
- What are the foods with high hyaluronic acid percentage:
- Citrus fruits, leafy greens, bone broth, root veggies, soy-based foods, etc.
- Frequency of application:
- HA can be applied twice a day. Morning and night
- Is it suitable for all types of skin?
- As per studies, HA is suitable for all skin types as it has non-irritating properties and doesn’t trigger acne or any other allergic reactions.