Cabbage the caretaker
Cabbage is one of the most impressive leafy green plants with a pack of various nutrients. Being the best low-calorie ingredient, it is considered to be an important option for many people. So, let’s check out the various properties of Cabbage.
A good option for a healthy heart:
The phytonutrients in cabbage protect against heart diseases and reduce bad cholesterol. This heart-friendly plant can be used as an active ingredient while cooking different items.
The fibre content in Cabbage helps in relieving constipation. The dietary fibre from foods like carrot, cabbage, etc., can reduce the meal transmit time through the gut. So, Salads, including cabbage, can be a good option for those who are suffering from constipation.
Cabbage is a great source of Vitamin C, and Vit C helps build immunity. As heat kills Vit c, it is recommended to include Cabbage in salads or lightly sauteed dishes.
Low in Calories:
A whole serving of cabbage carries only 27calories and instead keeps you full too. So, being low in calories promotes weight loss.
- Rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties: The anti-oxidative properties in cabbage promote the removal of free radicals, which cause multiple diseases, and the anti-inflammatory properties lower the damage and inflammation being caused by eating processed foods. So, adding different vegetables to your diet is suggested.
- Rich in Vit K: Vitamin k plays an important role in maintaining bone health. It prevents loss of bone density and comes to rescue in healing during bruises or fractures. It also helps in preventing bleeding and plays a major role in blood clotting.
- Promotes women’s health: Cabbage helps in maintaining Estrogen levels. As estrogen plays an important role in reproduction and sexual development, it is important to include cabbage in your routine.
- Diabetic friendly: The Glycemic Index is less for Cabbage, and hence it helps prevent the rise of blood glucose levels.
- It is Chemo protective: Due to the presence of sulfur-containing phytochemicals in cabbage, they are chemoprotective and reduces the chance of prostate cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer.