Are you bored of eating regular jam with your warm loaf of bread ?? Then why not prepare delicious pineapple jam at your home for a change??
Pineapple is more than a tropical fruit that is rich in vitamins and aids in weight loss. Pineapple is also a top source of manganese, promoting bone health. So, how about making a healthy and tasty pineapple jam to enjoy your breakfast or an easy evening snack?
List of ingredients:
- Pineapple – 1kg
- Sugar – 1kg
- citric acid – 1tbsp
- sodium benzoate – 1/4tbsp (optional)
- lemon yellow food colour – 5drops (for colour)
- pineapple essence – 5drops (for taste enhancement)
Preparation steps :
- Add 1 cup of water to Chopped pineapple pieces. Now boil them for 10minutes on a high flame initially followed by a low flame.
- Now cool it down for some time and blend it to a medium consistent pulp. Add an equal amount of sugar, matching the pineapple pulp quantity.
- Now add the pineapple and sugar mixture to a bowl and cook on medium flame. Keep stirring until the texture thickens.
- Now add the lemon yellow food colour and pineapple essence. To check the texture, You can put a drop of mixture in a spoon of water. If it doesn’t spread, your jam is ready to get off the stove.
- Now cool it down completely.
You can store it in a container and refrigerate which can be used for 3months. If not, you can add 1/4 tbsp of sodium benzoate and store it in your kitchen for future use. As sodium benzoate has chemical properties, it is suggested to avoid it.
Preparation time: 30-40mins
Serving size – 800- 1000gm
Calorie count – 4000- 4500calories.
Benefits of pineapple :
- Anti-oxidants in pineapple lowers inflammation and have cancer-fighting properties.
- Vitamins and minerals in pineapple boost the immune system
- Studies suggest that pineapple increases fat breakdown resulting in weight loss.
- Manganese in pineapple promotes bone health
- Statistics suggest that pineapple being rich in Vitamin c, Consuming it in larger quantities may cause diarrhoea, vomiting and nausea, etc
- Eating unripe pineapple may irritate your throat
- People who are allergic to certain fruits should rethink before eating pineapple
- Eating too much pineapple may result in tenderness of the mouth.