If you are a social media junkie, you should by now know how incredibly trending are these jade rollers in and around the beauty world.
For almost a thousand years, different crystals have been used in skincare. The secret of these Jade rollers is that they are relatively cool to touch and stay cool even after coming in contact with the skin. So, cold restricts blood flow where pressure pushes fluid to the lymph nodes filtering out the toxins to reduce puffiness, skin brightening, and blood circulation.
1. Massaging with the jade stone relieves muscle tension in and around the jaw area.
2. It improves blood flow and circulation due to the gentle pressure and massage
3. It results in better absorption of skincare products with a jade roller
4. As it stimulates blood flow and oxygen, it reduces dark circles and puffiness under the eyes
What can be used along with jade rollers?
1. Any suitable essential oils can be considered to use along with jade roller
2. Any beauty serums can be paired up with a jade roller
3. Sheet masks/face masks also go well in hydrating the skin and massaging with a jade roller
4. Day/Night cream can be used depending upon the time of application
Steps of using Jade roller :
Step1 – Prepare your skin:
Wash your face and make sure to hydrate your skin using any essential oils, serums, or face masks as suggested
Step 2- Collarbone and neck:
Start by placing the larger side at the collar bone or clavicle and roll up towards the neck by applying light pressure. Change the direction and Repeat the process 5-10times
Step 3- Cheek and jaws:
Starting from your jawline, try applying medium pressure and move the jade roller towards your upper cheek and ears. Repeat the process 5-6 times in both directions.
Step 4- Forehead:
When it comes to the forehead, Place the larger end of the jade roller on the middle of your forehead to roll towards your ears. Now repeat the same 5 – 6 times each in both directions.
Step 5- Under eye:
When it comes to under-eye massage using a jade roller, Apply light pressure and roll in the inner eye’s direction towards the outer corner. Repeat 10 – 15 in each direction.
Step 6- Eyelids:
Just close your eyes and follow the same process as under the eye.
Step 7- Clean:
Now clean your jade roller with warm and soapy water to remove any excess oils or serums.
Frequency of using Jade rollers: Jade rollers can be used once or twice a day
Who should avoid Jade rollers:
- Anyone with skin rashes, cold sores, and acne issues should avoid using a jade roller as rolling it vigorously may aggravate rashes.